Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas

Christmas this year was great fun and exhausting...but a good kind of tired.

On Christmas Eve, we made Reindeer Chow for the neighbors, cookies for us and Santa and a pie for dessert later that evening. Yum! Thank you Bakerella ! Can you tell I like to bake more than I do cook?

My sweet friend gave this to us for Christmas. Isn't it just too adorable. She did such a great job! And the cookies were scrumptious!

Christmas Eve - cowgirl cookies

Christmas Eve - making cookies

Christmas Eve - making cookies

Christmas Eve - making cookies

C & L did a great job rolling the cookie dough into balls...with no help from Mommy. Yes, I was able to step aside and let them do it.

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve evening we went to my parents' house to have dinner, spend time with family and open gifts. It's always been the tradition in my family to do Christmas on Christmas Eve night. We would eat, spend time with family and friends and stay up until midnight to open gifts.
I wish I would have taken a picture of the food. We had turkey (my mom makes the best turkey, so flavorful and juicy), rice dressing, cornbread stuffing, sweet potatoes and green bean casserole. Yum!
My sweet boys:

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve

An attempt to get a picture of all 3 boys:

Christmas Eve-photo attempt of the 3 boys

Christmas Eve-photo attempt of the 3 boys

Christmas Eve-photo attempt of the 3 boys

Oh well...at least it captures the moment in time, which is great.

Then, it was off to open gifts.

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve

Some photos with family:

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve

After family, food and fun, we came home and got ready for Christmas morning. Thankfully, we didn't have to do too much to prepare. We were tired and ready for some sleep!

We set out a snack for Santa. The papers you see here are notes that C & L wrote for the elves. Cute!

cookies and milk for Santa

Christmas Eve night

Christmas Morning!

Christmas morning

Baby P checking out his stocking stuffers

please open this

driving cement mixer

So tired...

so tired

My parents came over for Christmas dinner. My husband smoked a turkey, which turned out really good. I made some sides...they were okay. I totally forgot to take pictures. I think I was just so tired, by brain wasn't functioning properly. ;)

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!


1 comment:

Jill aka Fruit Loop said...

Cute new layout! These are the days you'll remember...I now have Natalie Merchant singing happily in my head :) I love me some Natalie Merchant...as Cocoa Puff would say. hee hee

Sorry I haven't called this week...I've been spring cleaning. I don't know if I'm early for this year or late from last year! Knowing me probably late from last year :) Talk to you soon