Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day weekend started out with a tea party at C's preschool on Friday. When I walked into the room, C came over and took my hand and led me to my place at the table they had set up. So sweet!

Mother's Day Tea Party

In addition to the tea and cookies, we had corsages to wear and gifts prepared for us. Each of the mommies got a dish towel with their child's hand print and a cookbook of "recipes" by the kids. The cookbook is hilarious! Here is one of C's recipes:

Tomato Soup

  1. Cook the soup in a pan.

  2. Cook it for 60 hours.

  3. The soup is hot so let it cool off.

  4. Then make a grilled cheese to dip in the tomato soup.
Mrs. Campbell and the kids really went all out. It was great!

Mother's Day Tea Party

Mother's Day Tea Party


Later that day, my husband surprised my and came home early from work. Woo Hoo! For dinner, we went to Fralo's. That place makes the best pizza ever! It was nice to enjoy a dinner out with my sweet guys!!!

dinner at Fralo's

dinner at Fralo's

dinner at Fralo's

dinner at Fralo's

dinner at Fralo's


On Sunday, I got to sleep in and had a lovely breakfast prepared by my husband. Complete with homemade waffles, sausage, eggs, and fruit. Oh, and coffee of course! The boys gave gave me a sweet card and a bookmark they had picked out. I also got a gift card to Barnes & Noble, which was completely C's idea!

Later that day, we went over to my parent's house for a crawfish boil. Thanks to my parents, brother and sis in law for getting that together!

Here's my husband showing the boys a crawfish.
Mother's Day

Baby P checking out the crawfish.
Mother's Day

Boys and dirt...inseparable.
Mother's Day

Ipo and Baby P.
Mother's Day

My Mom and I.
Mother's Day

All the mamas.
Mother's Day

Three of five...
Mother's Day

And here's one of Baby P and me. Look, he's smiling for a picture! (I tickled him.)
Mother's Day

I usually get this grumpy face. Ha, ha! Cracks me up.
Mother's Day

Our meal. Yum!
Mother's Day


It was a nice weekend filled with lots of fun and relaxation!

Being a mom is truly the most challenging thing there is. No doubt about that! But I adore it, cherish it, and would not trade it for anything! I love, love, love my husband and our 3 beyond precious boys God has given us.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I nearly cried at the Mother's Day tea with Mrs. Campbell last year - isn't it just the sweetest thing?!

And a crawfish boil sounds like a perfect ending!! Glad you had a great day!